Winter has finally arrived in south Louisiana and while the weather transitions from warm to freezing, and from dry to wet, it can be a good time to pressure wash around your home or business. Depending on the size and scope of the job, you may need more than a run-of-the-mill pressure washer. This is why the experts at Bozeman Distributors design and build customized power washing equipment that can handle the challenges of any task.
Since the 1970’s Bozeman has manufactured the Aqua Pro line of cold-water pressure wash equipment. Units can be custom-built to meet your exact specifications. Using high-quality, sophisticated components like Cat Pumps and Honda GX Series engines means that you are getting the power and engineering that you need.
However, having the best equipment and accessories is only part of the solution; understanding the best way to use it is also important. Winter weather can pose different challenges compared to pressure washing in south Louisiana’s typically warm climate. Here are few tips you can use this winter when it’s time to pressure wash your property.
• Chemicals work more slowly in cold weather. Use more chemicals than you typically would and allow more time for them to work.
• Avoid washing in the shade if possible. Direct sunlight heats surfaces, making them easier to clean.
• Aluminum brightening and acid cleaning do not work well when the temperature is below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
• For deck sealing allow 12-24 hours of drying time when the temperature is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Keep the engine well lubricated. Engines run slower in cold weather which can compromise performance and cause damage.
• Add a fuel stabilizer to your gas and be sure to run the engine for a few minutes to ensure that the carburetor and other components receive fresh fuel.
These are only a few tips that can make pressure washing a little easier and safer this winter. If you need a new pressure washer, need your current one serviced, or are waiting for the warmer temperatures, the experts at Bozeman Distributors are here to help.